- Can I book Ani DiFranco?
- Can I submit materials for seeking representation?
- How can I be an opening artist for one of your artists?
- Can one of your artists perform at my benefit/fundraiser?
- Can one of your artists perform at my wedding/special event?
- Can you recommend other agencies, record labels or managers?
- Do you have any internships available?
Can one of your artists perform at my benefit/fundraiser?
We often receive requests for artists to perform for benefits and fundraisers. While no one argues that there are many causes deserving the attention of the general public, artists do not always have the opportunity or the luxury to lend their support by virtue of performing a concert gratis.
Many artists have charity organizations to which they offer their support. Some artists advise us as to nonprofit entities or charities they are interested in supporting with a benefit or fundraiser. While our turning down the request for such a performance is not a reflection of the inquiring cause, it is, at times, our realistic answer on behalf of the artist. Keep in mind that a touring artist supports him/herself by playing for paying audiences. Asking an artist to absorb all the costs involved in traveling to perform and, in essence, do their job for free is not always a realistic inquiry.
Therefore, we offer you the following information if pursuing a benefit or fundraiser concert is your goal:
- Fundraiser is defined as an event where any profit realized is committed to a specific charity/nonprofit. The event producer covers all productions costs (such as performance space, Artist fee, technical requirements, hospitality, promotion, etc.), and then funnels any profits after the show costs towards a specific cause. Keep in mind that while an Artist may agree to perform at a fundraising event for a reduced fee, the Artist is still compensated for their performance.
- Benefit is defined as an event where all money collected is for a specific recipient, be it a cause, charity or other. Many benefit performances ask that the Artist perform for no fee, with the performance fee instead being 'donated' by the performer back to the cause. In this case, typically the expenses an Artist incurs to play such a show (travel and lodging, for example) are reimbursed by the event producer. It is important to note that an Artist's technical requirements are to be provided by the producer, and at no cost to the Artist.
If you are inquiring about an Artist for either a fundraiser or benefit event, please provide the following information for us to consider your request:
Proposed date or dates for the event
Venue information, including technical support
Any shows previously produced by event's producer
Professional sound engineer who is obligated to the event
Party responsible for financing event
Fee availability to artist
Expense reimbursement (lodging provided? Air or ground travels funds available?)
- Artist responsibilities
Define Artist's participation (Please be specific! Meet & Greet required? Other performers on the bill?)
Cause being supported
Offer us the same information you would require if you were writing a check to a charity
With the exception of inquiries regarding Ani DiFranco, which go to Karla Rice, please submit your inquiry to our general email address email@example.com and it will be forwarded to the appropriate person for response.